1.Grace Dental Clinic, Resi. cum clinic, H.No 1298 Sector 31, Opp. Ajanta public School , Gurgaon, Call 9953076985
2)Grace Dental Clinic, Orthodontic and implant center
Shop. no 167 Sector 4 Market, Behind ICICI Bank, Gurgaon-122001
M +91-9953076985, Drhimanshu@gurgaondentalcare.com
Opening Hours , 10:00AM, 2 PM;; 5:00PM to 9:00PM, Sunday Evening Closed
I was recently reminded of claims that periodontal disease is associated with medical conditions like heart attacks, strokes, pre-term births, and diabetes. Yes, there is an association among those conditions, that’s true. However, some dentists and hygienists try to scare patients into treatment by claiming that gum disease actually causes those conditions. That’s simply not true!
Fatty acids from bacteria present in gum disease may cause Kaposi’s sarcoma (KS)-related lesions and tumors in the mouth.
The information comes from a study by Case Western Reserve University. The researchers analyzed how byproducts in the form of fatty acids cause the growth of the lesions.
This finding could result in early saliva testing for bacteria. The person could then possibly be treated for signs of cancer or cancer before it would become malignant.
The field of dentistry is constantly evolving and changing to best suit patient needs. 123Dentist is always on the lookout for new and emerging technology to make our patients’ experience as comfortable as possible. Here is just a few of the different technologies that 123Dentist practices use to ensure we provide world-class service to all our patients:
1. VELscope—VELscope is a special type of light that a dentist will shine in a patient’s mouth to detect any abnormalities. This new form of technology is effectively used to detect early forms of cancer or disease during an oral cancer screening.
2. Digital X-Rays—Digital X-rays are faster and contain less radiation than traditional X-rays. When a patient has a digital X-ray done, the image appears on the computer in a matter of seconds. Your dentist can then zoom into the image to better assess and educate the patient regarding their oral health. Digital X-rays are also less harmful for patients as they contain up to 90% less radiation compared to traditional X-rays.
3. Invisalign—Invisalign are clear, practically invisible braces that can gently straighten your teeth. They provide an effective and comfortable way to straighten your smile without the inconvenience of wearing heavy, metal braces. Invisalign braces are easy to take out for cleaning and don’t require a restriction on what type of foods to eat. They get the job done in less time with less hassle.
4. Laser Dentistry—Lasers are used to improve efficiency and eliminate discomfort in a number dental procedures, including filling cavities, reducing tooth sensitivity, getting rid of tumors, and whitening. Laser dentistry is fast, painless, and can effectively eliminate any form of bacteria during the procedure to avoid any further complications or problems.
5. Dental Implants—Dental implants are screw-replacements for the root portion of missing teeth. Implants are used to restore healthy smiles when patients have missing teeth. Implants are effective because they can replace missing teeth, while still giving the patient the feel and look of a natural tooth.
6. HealOzone—HealOzone is a fast, easy and painless way to eliminate tooth decay. HealOzone is effective because it contains ozone (O3), which is a common, natural gas that effectively kills bacteria and fungus. HealOzone is a great tool to detect and get rid of any early signs of tooth decay before it progresses to a more advanced stage.
7. DIAGNOdent— DIAGNOdent is a new, state of the art device that dentists use to detect cavities that are hiding in places regular x-rays can’t find. It ensures that your mouth has been thoroughly checked for early signs of cavities to avoid you having to spend more in the future if the cavities progress and expand.
8. Intraoral Camera—The intraoral camera is a tool that dentists use to gain precise and well-defined pictures of hard to see places within a patient’s mouth. The camera also allows dentist to show these images to patients while assessing and educating the patient’s needs. This new form of technology allows dentist to conduct a thorough checkup of your mouth and better assess their patient’s oral care needs.
9. Zoom! Whitening—Zoom! Whitening is a new, state of the art whitening treatment that gives our patients fast and easy results. In just one appointment, Zoom! Whitening can make a significant change in a person’s smile and can make their teeth up to eight shades whiter.
10. Nitrous Oxide and (Intravenous) IV Sedation—Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, can calm a patient down to a point that they are relaxed but can still interact with their dentist. On the other hand, IV sedation puts a patient to sleep completely so that they are unaware of what happened during their dental session. This is usually recommended for patients who are fearful of going to the dentist or for procedures that are painful such as wisdom teeth extraction.
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT GOEL DENTAL
Root canal can save your dying tooth and we take life time surety of this procedure
If your teeth is damaged and filling is not possible than it requires Root Canal Treatment and possibly a crown after that. Dr Shikha Goel, one of the best root canal treatment specialist in Delhi has been able to save a lot of teeth from extractions by doing high class fillings and RCTs alone.
What is root canal treatment?
Root canal treatment or RCT is one of the most commonly done dental procedures and for some people it remains the most dreaded one. (Dr Shikha provides you with safe anesthesia to provide pain free root canal treatment and make you comfortable.)
In the simplest of terms this procedure consists of cleaning infection inside the tooth using tiny files and rotary system. During this procedure all the living tissue inside the teeth i.e. called pulp (blood vessels + nerves + cellular components) is removed. The remaining hollow structure inside the tooth is then cleaned, reshaped, irrigated and sealed with Gutta Percha. This procedure clears the tooth of all the infection and makes it pain free and preserves its functionality.
Although it sounds simple, RCT is the most sophisticated dental procedure with treatment success depending majorly on the expertise of treating dentist and his armory.
Time required for Root canal treatment
In majority of cases RCT can be completed in 2-3 visits along with Crown. Some cases of intentional RCT can be done in single visit also.
What is a Single visit root canal treatment?
A commonly misunderstood procedure is actually an extremely complicated procedure. Not all candidates of root canal treatment are candidates for a single visit root canal treatment. Dr. Shikha carefully evaluates each case and then decides whether the root canal treatment should be performed in a single visit or not. Cases of intentional RCT like if we want to give a crown or bridge for some cosmetic treatment and teeth is not infected than it can be done in single sitting.
We should all know that most of the teeth that have undergone root canal treatment should be reinforced with a crown (cap) over it else even the root canal would fail over a period of time.
Life of RCT
If you continue to care for your root canal treated tooth with brushing, flossing and regular check-ups it continues to get nutrition from surrounding tissues and could last a lifetime.
All the Microscopic RCTs done by Dr Shikha are not charged for retreatment at graceDental Clinic.
How Long Do Whitening Effects Last?
Teeth whitening is not permanent. People who expose their teeth to foods and beverages that cause staining may see the whiteness start to fade in as little as one month. Those who avoid foods and beverages that stain may be able to wait one year or longer before another whitening treatment or touch-up is needed.
The degree of whiteness will vary from individual to individual depending on the condition of the teeth, the level of staining, and the type of bleaching system used.
There are many teeth whitening systems and products including whitening toothpastes, over-the-counter gels, rinses, strips, trays, and whitening products obtained from a dentist.
Teeth whitening is ideal for people who have healthy, unrestored teeth (no fillings) and gums. Individuals with yellow tones to their teeth respond best. But this cosmetic procedure is not recommended for everyone.
Find out if teeth whitening is right for you.
￼The Downside of Ignoring Wisdom Teeth
All toothpastes help remove surface stains, because they contain mild abrasives. Some whitening toothpastes contain gentle polishing or chemical agents that provide additional stain removal effectiveness. Whitening toothpastes can help remove surface stains only and do not contain bleach; over-the-counter and professional whitening products containcarbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide that helps lighten the color deep in the tooth. Whitening toothpastes can lighten the tooth's color by about one shade. In contrast, light-activated whitening conducted in your dentist's office can make your teeth three to eight shades lighter.
Over-the-Counter Whitening Strips and Gels
Whitening gels are clear, peroxide-based gels applied with a small brush directly to the surface of your teeth. Instructions vary depending on the strength of the peroxide. Follow the directions on the product carefully. Initial results are seen in a few days and final results are sustained for about four months.
One of the latest technological advancements that aid accurate diagnosis is 3-d Cone Beam Imaging. Using this technology the complex three dimensional anatomy of the roots can be better visualized along with any associated pathology. In many instances, the pathology was not evident on the standard 2-d dental radiographs.
Important factors in making root canal treatment comfortable include: 1. Experience and familiarity of the dentist with root canal anatomical systems( electronic root locators andx-rays will help with the tactile sensation/ feel of the canal. The more experience and the more challenging cases then the more groomed operator 2. Good anesthesia technique such as when, where and how to give the injection. Yes, a painless injection will ease a lot of anxiety. 3. Rotary files instead of just relying on hand filing 4Medications to control swelling, infection or discomfort if necessary. 5. Check with the patient to make sure everything is comfortable prior to starting and after the patient leaves the office. Good old customer service.
Root canal treatment is now quicker, more efficient, and more successful then ever before. The procedure can be done painlessly if proper anesthesia is administered. Even in the most complex of cases, the doctor can deliver effective anesthesia to to get the patient very comfortable. Anti-anxiety medication is very useful as well to alleviate any anxiety the patient may have. Make sure to see anEndodontist however as these doctors are specialists in root canal treatment and even in the most simple cases can complete the treatment more effectively and quicker than other dentists.